When Donkeys Fly

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I just don't get it

What's with all these games that people play? No not Monopoly or Chess or even Spin the Bottle, I'm talking about the "rules" or should I say, games of dating. Don't call too soon...be careful what you leave in your message, play hard to get...what about just being upfront and honest...how can that scare people away? I'm still learning all of these rules and God knows that I’m not the best communicator or dater in the world...in fact I'm much more content to just be hanging by myself...going for a run or watching some TV. But every once in a while you meet somebody and decide that it would be nice to have some companionship and do things together. But then it gets difficult and I retreat. Back to the single life...is it me? Am I destined to be single forever? Am I looking in all the wrong places? Do my friends create a comfort zone for me such that when dating gets bumpy, I retreat to the "friend zone" where with a Margarita or Bourbon and Coke all is well? I always say that "I'll figure it out'...but will I ever?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home