When Donkeys Fly

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Dreams

As I was flying back from Denver yesterday, I fell asleep in my deluxe First Class seat...what the hell am I going to do without Gold Medallion status next year?...anyway...I had a dream that I was back in Ithaca and doing one of my favorite runs...a 5 mile run from Cayuga Lake up to Ithaca College, with the last 2 miles up hill and I'm talking, up hill. It was always a great run. I get off the plane and pick up a message from my friend Jeff who was in Ithaca on business and was asking me for a good run to do...that was freaky. I often wonder what are dreams all about. I think that we have to listen to our dreams and focus on what they tell us. Are dreams an outlet to thoughts we push down during our busy lives? If you ask somebody about their dreams and then walk through what the meaning could be, you always get an "a-ha" moment. If we only use 10% of our minds when we are awake, is it possible, the other 90% works when we are asleep? I'm going to start thinking more about my dreams, what they mean and how they relate to my life. Dreams are like a screenplay that you write yourself, every night...enjoy the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home