When Donkeys Fly

Monday, August 22, 2005

Monotony...

This past weekend was just that...cookie cutter ATL...so much so that I found myself home by 11 each night. How many times can one go to Jungle, Red Chair, Blake’s etc...this past weekend I just felt very content to be sitting on my couch and watching the 11 o'clock news. Guess I'm finally beginning to feel my 32 years catching up to me or just realizing that monotony is actually mind numbing. No wonder the Chinese invented water torture...continuous repetitive action will drive humans mad. We need to shake things up from time to time...do something different...the one good thing that happened this weekend was the fact that I booked 3 trips this fall. One to DC, one to NYC and one to New Orleans for Halloween. I'm looking forward to those. And I did have a great 8 mile run on Saturday up at the Silver Comet, although, I'd have to say, it was hot as a MF out there! Damn! I ended up drinking a full gallon of Gatorade after my run and was still thirsty...not too smart to run with heat indices of 105, but I do like to sweat, and sweat I did. I always get these doldrums...its just who I am...it’s the hazy, cranky donkey days of summer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home