When Donkeys Fly

Monday, April 03, 2006

Longest Yet

My Monday began by being woken by a loud rain pounding on my metal roof. A very soothing way to wake up with the week in front of you. I stayed in bed a little extra today...I really don't like much about my loft, but I absolutely love laying in bed listening to the rain on my roof...so I had to take advantage of that just a bit more this morning. The weather this weekend was amazing. Temps just right and no humidity. Spent Friday night at The St. James and was home in bed by 11. Woke up on Saturday at 9AM. Amazing. I felt great...went to the gym, lifted and ran 6.2 on the treadmill...was out of there by 11 and had the rest of the day ahead of me. I'm in that mode now where I want something new...so In addition to looking for a new house, I'm looking for a new car. I'm thinking more and more about downsizing back to an Accord. But if I find a house first, the car may have to wait. Saturday night was chill...watched the Basketball games and went to bed at 11:30 (12:30) with DST. I think Sunday mornings (sans hangovers) are my favorite time of the week. I wake up ~9:15...walk downstairs, put the coffee on...flip on the TV and watch CBS Sunday Morning. I think this might be a reflection of my age...I really like this show. Then I throw on my running stuff...grab some water and a Balance Bar and head up to the Silver Comet. On my way I listen to Organic X on 99X ... the best radio show of the week. It's on from 9AM to 12PM Sundays. Even if your not from Atlanta check it out online, very worth it. Then I run. This Sunday it was 17.2 miles, my longest training run ever. I felt ok...but not nearly as good as my 14 two weeks ago. I spoke with my sister (a 3:07 marathoner) and she gave me some good advice. I need to drink gatorade when I run. I'm just drinking water and barely any of that. I'm going to have to figure out something for next week. By the end of my run my feet feel like they are going to bust out of my shoes...expanding feet, sure sign of too much salt in your blood stream. Next Sunday its 20 miles. Yikes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good one. On tap for this week...house hunting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home