When Donkeys Fly

Monday, March 20, 2006

Keep on Trucking

I finished my first 40 mile week yesterday with a 14 mile run up at the Silver Comet Trail. It was a bit cold for an almost Spring run, but I had my winter hat on and was ok. I felt fine actually and averaged 8:15 pace. Much faster than I am supposed to be running according to the Marathon Training guide I am using...but since it felt comfortable, who was I to argue with my legs? I always say go faster if you can, who knows how you'll feel next week. I'm really only a little bit behind with my training...it is getting a bit frustrating and monotonous to continue having to use the treadmill...I'm hoping warm weather is on it's way soon! I'm also balancing my training and social life fairly well...I actually was home and asleep on Saturday night at 11PM. That is crazy, but I was worn out from Friday night (UAlbany almost pulled it off!) and needed to rest. This upcoming weekend will be another battle between going out and running. My friend Steven is turning 30 and we have a full weekend planned. But, I have to remember what my priorities are...I must, must, must run 17 miles on Sunday, no if ands or buts. It will happen and that will put me back on schedule, finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home