When Donkeys Fly

Monday, February 13, 2006

Where's My Head At?

I did something this weekend that I had never done before (no there was not a grand opening celebration at Donkey's Alley)...nor could I understand how people actually had done this themselves. Some how, some way I locked my keys in my truck with the truck running. That is a not so fun feeling kids. I was on the phone with Twon and before I knew it, I was outside my truck and it was locked and still on. Crazy. Then I started getting those machine gun like synaptic firings...Should I break a window? Get a wire hanger (the one thing they are still good for), call a locksmith, the cops? I didn't have keys to my loft either, they were hanging safely from my key chain with the key stuck into the ignition. So I had to think quick...did I even have a back up key? I made one at Home Depot about 3 years ago, but I remembered that they didn't cut it right and it didn't work...did I get another? And I had since moved, so where would it be? In a box somewhere? Meanwhile my car continues to run and I set a plan into motion. My friend Max has a set of keys to my Loft, but they are at his store, which was closed. Luckily he lives in my complex so I go to his front door and knock away...He was sleeping, but finally opened and listened to me embarrassingly describe my situation. All he could do was look at me, shake his head and say "Donkey..." in that I'm disappointed in you son way. He gives me the keys to his truck and his store and off I go. At times like this, you realize how lucky you are to have great friends who are there to help...I get to his store and some employees are still there...I actually scare the shit out of them as I enter and go straight to the Manager's area. They are ok now. Sorry...but I get my keys and I'm back off to the Lofts. I get into my Loft and am emptying out drawers and looking in boxes. I find a key that looks like an extra and head back towards the truck. This is my last chance with Plan A...if this doesn't work, it's going to be a long Sunday night. Ahhh! It opens...I must have gotten another key made! I turn off my truck, give the extra set back to Max and head home. I'm very thankful it worked out, but realize I need to be a bit more organized. What if Max wasn't home? What if the key didn't work? I learned my lesson. Sleep around more and give out sets of your keys as a take home gifts? No...hide keys strategically around the outside of my loft. Next time, which will hopefully never happen, I'll be more prepared!

4 Comments:

  • What about your "cuddle buddy?"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 13, 2006 9:29 AM  

  • Your head is at the end of that question..where the preposition does NOT belong!

    : )

    By Blogger E, at February 13, 2006 9:47 AM  

  • Had a great weekend otherwise, cuddle buddy and all...

    By Blogger Donks, at February 13, 2006 12:08 PM  

  • yeah, i want to hear more about the cuddle bunny, and stat!

    as for max, give me a break, talk about the pot callin' the kettle black! i love that boy, but are you kidding me with the tude? the story just reminded me of a certain store owner who locked himself out and i had to go fetch some keys for his ass. i'm not sayin' i'm just sayin'!!!!

    By Blogger timber, at February 13, 2006 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home