When Donkeys Fly

Monday, February 27, 2006

Denver and Colorado Springs

I'm out in Colorado for a cable industry conference. Flew into Denver and spent Saturday night with Jefe, Chris and Grant. As always, I had a great time. Had some sushi, got some drinks, got some Mardi Gras beads, played some drinking games and happily woke up sans hangover... it was a great night. Now I'm in Colorado Springs...staying at the Broadmoor. This place is huge and 5 star, my first 5 star hotel. My room is quite amazing...probably about 1,000 square feet. The bathroom is all marble and has two sinks as well as a huge stand alone bathtub. The king size bed is awesome. We all know about Heavenly beds from Westin...I think the Broadmoor has one upped the Westin on this one. I set up a wake up call for this morning and when the phone rang, I just picked it up and hung it up, like one would normally do with a wake up call. But then it rang again so I again picked it up and hung it up ... but then it rang again. I was all ... ok, I get it. So I answered the phone and there was a real person there ... a bit too happy for 7AM. She went on to tell me the forecast (which is awesome 70 and sunny) and asked me if I wanted to set up any spa treatments for the day. It was crazy - a real wake up call... kind of fun. I found a great running path that winds through downtown and up to the Airforce Academy. I'm doing my long run today since yesterday was all about relaxing ... 13 miles ... should be fun? Ok, well at least I will get it done. At the conference now with a break between sessions. Looking forward to my stay at the Broadmoor!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home