When Donkeys Fly

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Back in town and back at the office. I had 3 great runs up in the mountains of Colorado. Yesterday, I felt great on my 6 mile run, to conclude my secret high altitude training. This should be a 38 mile week. Weirdly enough, I really never felt like the altitude had any effect on my running up there. I did notice however, when I go home last night to Atlanta, that it was in fact easier to breathe back down at sea level. I'm feeling Spring fever kicking in pretty strong. Not only do I want the weather to get nice real quick, but I'm actually really looking to go on a few dates pretty soon. I spent some time in Denver with my friend Chris and his bf Grant. They have been dating for about 3 years now... bought a house, have dogs, etc. I'm in the market for that. I read a comedic article on my way back to Atlanta about relationships. It was all about being single vs in a relationship. The article summed it up this way... either you are in a relationship which comes with its ups and downs, annoyances and bickering, and twists and turns or you're not and you're alone, king (in some cases replace king with queen) of your castle. It’s nice to be King, don’t get me wrong, but sometimes you wish for a coup and wouldn't mind breaking up the monarchy. Isn’t that what we all want? A knight to jump over our moat, climb the 10 foot thick wall we have built and over throw the King? Ok, maybe a better way to state it would be to throw down with the King. The rest we can discuss later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home