When Donkeys Fly

Friday, July 14, 2006

Happy Bastille Day

So I've been traveling all week long for work...and it has been a test of my patience that's for sure. Both return flights to Atlanta were delayed and when I finally did get on the plane from Philly I was seated next to the World's Champion Gum Snapper - I seriously ain't kidding. If there is something I can't stand, its the sound of somebody chewing gum like a freaking cow and snapping it all along the way. I wasn't going to say anything, but when we got on the runway and were told that we were 25th in line for take-off...I just couldn't take being held captive anymore.

Me: Excuse me...tap...tap
Champion Gum Snapper: Yes...snap, snap, snap
Me: Do you realize how loud you are chewing your gum?
Champion Gum Snapper: What? Is it loud?
Me: Um, yes
Champion Gun Snapper: I'm so embarrassed
Me: You should be. (said while putting back on iPod)

Gum snapping ceased.

Then on my way back from Roanoke, the Flight Attendant Call button short circuited...so we had to listen to that "Ding, Ding" constantly for about an hour...talk about different forms of Chinese Water Torture. I actually found it amusing to see how angry some people got...one guy decided that punching the back of the seat in front of him would relieve some of his stress...it only made the woman in that seat concerned for her safety...oh, the friendly skies.

No real hook up news from my P-Town stay over the 4th...a little snuggling with a cutey from Boston and a missed opportunity with Captain Alaska. I just didn't know he was that interested until he hunted me down after the trip...too late...

This weekend I would like to turn in some of my goodness for debauchery....I hope I can find some takers.

1 Comments:

  • I'm not sure why traveling seem to bring out the "best" (read: worst) in people. How about having to sit next to a recovering stomach virus victim with gas issues for the entire flight? Or, for the full treatment, a crying baby/annoying toy combo behind your seat while your seatmate clears their throat, imitating a Mack truck?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 24, 2006 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home