When Donkeys Fly

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Marathon = Done

Just got back from San Diego...had a great weekend...it is always great when you can spend 3 days with friends and instead of being glad they are over, you're sad because you had such a great time. Booty, Jeff, Twon and I spent this past weekend in San Diego, primarily for the Marathon, but it turned into a great weekend trip. The Marathon was so-so, I' d have to say...I was a bit disappointed in the course...I thought it was too hilly and that really took its toll on me. Also the grade of the road was such that it felt like you were running on an angle a lot of the way. I hit my target - kind of - I didn't get the 3:30 I was hoping for, but I did knock off 30 mins from my NYC marathon time and the 3:30 was just with in my reach. If I could just make those last 6 miles a bit more easy - but I guess that's why its called a marathon...it is not only a physical challenge, but a true mental challenge as well. My legs feel sore, but not in a bad way...no injuries, thankfully and I am seriously thinking about another marathon, but not for a while...maybe Disney in January? Nice weather and flat!!! Marathoners are an interesting group - die-hards for sure and a lot of fun. I wouldn't say that I'm a true marathoner yet, but maybe, I feel like I have been bitten by the bug just a little.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home