When Donkeys Fly

Monday, April 02, 2007

A New Home

I closed on my 3rd home today. It is a great 1920s Craftsman Bungalow in a part of Atlanta called the Old Fourth Ward. This part of town has been historically 'tough' but has been making strides over the past couple years towards regentrification. Boulevard, the main street just west of my new street, has been primarily Section 8 housing, but the city has recently closed and tore down a notorious food mart, which was the scene of many a shooting. As a result of this tear down along with a 4 building tear down across the street, Boulevard is beginning to have a new life. The city is in the process of repaving the street, which is always a good sign and a new Loft project was just finished 1/4 down the road from my house. This community will have over 100 new lofts and new retail/restaurants in the main floor. Also, the new Ponce Park Development has just started being built on Glen Iris with the tearing down of the National Linen building. Things are really changing. I think its a good investment and one that I will be glad I made in the next couple years. Now let the minor renovations begin!

1 Comments:

  • Hell yeah, man. I'm on Winton Ter, bought in a while back on the recommendation of a friend. I love the location and now that things are starting to happen development-wise, it's just getting better and better. I can't wait to see what the area is going to look like in 2-3 more years.

    By Blogger DanceWeekend, at April 02, 2007 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home