When Donkeys Fly

Monday, September 18, 2006

My First Full Weekend

Its Monday and I have survived my first full weekend in San Diego...I guess 'survived' is kind of pushing it, but it is difficult being in a new city and not knowing anybody...so here's a list of what I did this past weekend...
  • Went running in Mission Beach and Pacific Beach and watched the sunset - can I just say - ridiculous...over and over and over....
  • Almost killed myself trying to traverse the cliffs to Black's Beach...glad I did...
  • Went swimming in the Pacific Ocean, damn the water is cold
  • Went out to Bourbon Street and had a couple beers...met a few people and actually had some good conversations
  • Starting to figure out where the streets are located and my way around town
  • Felt completely out of place at Hamburger Mary's (now called Mo's) and left dejected...thanks to Twon for bringing me out of the dumps!
  • Went to The Hole and had a 180 degree turn around...right when I walked in I went to buy a beer and was greeted by the bartender offering me shots of Jaegermeister...now thats the way it should be!
  • Was given foresaid bartenders number and will hang out this week

I'd have to say, we sometimes take close friendships for granted...when they are not there we realize how much our friends mean to us.


1 Comments:

  • San Diego is my old stomping grounds. You must try Pizza Port, and catch a band at the Belly Up Tavern (both in Solana Beach).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 19, 2006 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home