When Donkeys Fly

Monday, June 09, 2008

Starbucks!

I was driving my usual route to work this morning and noticed that a new Starbucks has opened on the corner of Ralph McGill and Boulevard in the Old Fourth Ward. Why is this significant or newsworthy? Its just a Starbucks you say. Oh no, it is so much more. My neck of the woods in the Old Fourth Ward has been making progress...slowly. Boulevard, the main street that runs from Freedom Parkway to Ponce, is the last "hanger on" for our Section 8 friends. The fact that a Starbucks opened in the middle of all of this means to me, they know something. Starbucks is not just a coffee house, they are a harbinger of change. Now the question is, will I risk my life to walk up the 3 blocks to get some coffee? I think I just might. Somebody has to be the urban pioneer and why not me?

The weekend was a hot one y'all! Here's a list in review a la Frank Green:
  • Virginia Highlands Fest (VIP parking at Kevin's)
  • Drunk Straight Girls
  • Remembering how much fun Blakes can be
  • Zocalo!
  • Wishing away hangovers
  • Sweating to the Oldies
  • Oh and did I share the Starbucks news?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home