When Donkeys Fly

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Back from The City

Finally made it back into Atlanta last night at 11PM. Long trip to NYC, but it was a lot of fun. Spent time with my college roommate and his wife in Hoboken...got into town on Saturday and had an Omaha Steak Feast with Murph...eventually headed over to NYC for drinks and dinner and etc...started with Margaritas at the Rocking Horse Saloon and then headed across the street to Gym, which was interesting...I really don't understand why the bathroom was basically an open room in the middle of the bar...we talked some football smack with the Jersey boys on the front patio and then jumped in a cab to head down to the SoHo Grand. My friend Ryanne works there and my goal was to surprise…mission accomplished. A couple of drinks later we were heading back to Serena in Chelsea…By this point it all gets a bit blurry...managed back by Gym, which I again say was interesting and finally to Chelsea Diner for some Karaoke. Small bars jammed with Karaoke singing just can't be beat. People in there are having a damn good time. Sunday brought football watching in Hoboken...Giants lost, Falcons won. Headed over to meet up with Ryanne at his apartment in the West Village. The fact that I actually made it there without looking like a tourist and asking for directions, was a huge accomplishment. The evening started out innocent enough...met Fabi and saw the other Ryanne Smith again, also met a pretty girl named M. Jane. Ended up going to see Junior Vasquez spin at a club in the Meat Packing District, just down the street from the Gansevoort Hotel. Met one of Ryanne's friends there...Ednon…that's some good stuff, damn good. Ended up leaving and going to Hero, I think, and then to another place after that. It was one of those nights when you look at your watch and its 10PM and then you look again and its 3:30AM...damn! Needless to say, I made it back to Hoboken in the morning and tried to get some more shut eye. Met Newms in the city on Monday for lunch and then tried to shop, but the city was unforgiving to a tired Southern boy, so nothing was purchased and I headed back to Jersey...after a number of flight delays, landed in Atlanta and made my way home. I had a great weekend and am very lucky to have college roommates that I can keep in touch with…Whenever we get together it’s like old times…and that is something for which I am very grateful.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home