When Donkeys Fly

Monday, October 03, 2005

Chutzpah

Spent the weekend visiting Marcus and Jeff in DC. Their new place is amazing...as always, Marcus and Jeff have done it again...they are so funny though. Always wondering and questioning whether they did the right thing...or whether this looks good or that fits there. Boys, it looks amazing. Congrats! The neighborhood will come around and the roof top deck is great and who needs a hot tub anyways! They are classic go getters...within the last year alone they have bought a new apartment in DC (while maintaining their house in Atlanta), furnished it with all new furniture (Storehouse says Thank You), leased another new car, went to Hawaii, went to China, are going to Japan and Guam, traveled to Football Games, Charleston, P-Town, and Atlanta, each started training with a Personal Trainer and Jeff is training for a Marathon while Marcus is training for a Half Marathon. In addition Marcus is rising up the ranks at his job and Jeff has started a new job, again. These boys have chutzpah. They live life like it should be lived. And judging by their friends I have met in DC, they continue to spread the love and build close relationships. Y'all how do they do it all? They inspire me to pull the trigger; problem is I can't get the safety lock off my gun. We all draw strengths from our friends, whether they know it or not. I think that's what makes true friendship. We lose the dead weight and pile on the elevators (that's what I call somebody who consistently brings me to a higher level, either through laughter, conversation, inciting introspection, or pushing me is a new direction.) We all need elevators in our lives. I feel lucky that I have many in mine; I just have to learn to get on and not always want to get off in Women's Lingerie. Kidding...of course. I'll continue to grow. As well all do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home