When Donkeys Fly

Monday, October 10, 2005

Drunk Donkey

This past weekend we made our annual voyage to the North Georgia Mountains for Oktoberfest in Helen. Once again it provided for an opportunity to drink a lot, a lot of beer. Each of these mugs was 32 ounces, about 2.5 beers and I think we each had 3-4 in a 3 hour period. My problem was that I forgot to eat. I saved the table as everybody went off to get brat, sausage, kraut, etc...so needless to say, drunk donkey made an appearance.

The weather was absolutely amazing and the company was even better. I think this was the biggest group we have had up there to date...the only bad thing that happened was that UGA beat Tennessee...other than that the day was great. I met a few folks, a furniture builder from NC, a bartender, a group of Buckhead girls...at one point I turned into German pimp Donkey...


Asleep by midnight, finally hiccup free. Ran 9 miles yesterday in the mist as I begin my marathon training. It was a great weekend and the Donkey Twon lasagna last night topped it off...I think that should be a new menu item at SIMB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home