When Donkeys Fly

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Motivation

I wish there was a pill you could take (a legal one) that would give you a lot of energy/motivation/vision...sometimes, like all of us, I get sucked into a demoralizing state and find it almost impossible to go to the gym, go on runs or eat healthy. I think the term comfort food was aptly named and I greatly enjoy gorging on it. I've set a goal to run a marathon next year and was targeting Austin in February, but I think that may have to be pushed out. I just can't get myself dedicated to the cause and therefore motivation is hard to find. I know that I will find my mojo again, but it takes me a bit longer, the older I get. Maybe I will try mixing it up and working out in the morning...I will do it at least once next week and see if that makes a difference. I heard once in an interview with Renee Zellwegger on how she gets in shape for movie roles and she was all, "if I don't, I get fired." I think that's a good way to think about it...set dates, goals and measure yourself against them. It’s the only way to truly keep yourself in line and measure success/progress.

Happy Birthday to my boy Timber out in LA! Also, spent last night with the gang celebrating De La Plage's b-day...good times. Also, congrats to James for becoming a Daddy...a father that is!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home