When Donkeys Fly

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sugarland


About 7 years ago, my friends brought me to a concert for a band called Soulminer's Daughter. The lead singer was a woman named Jennifer Nettles. She had an amazing voice, but was still learning how to control her power and direction. We all followed her here in Atlanta...she left Soulminer's Daughter and started her own band...great album and she was really honing her talent. She left her band to go solo and met up with two fellow Atlanta musicians...Kristian Bush and Kristen Hall...both amazing singer/songwriters. This combo generated a new group called Sugarland...now I'm not a huge Country fan, but Sugarland is more a Country/Pop fusion. They are great. In their first year, with their first album, they are well on their way... Don't say I didn't tell ya so when they blow up next year. Check them out... www.sugarlandmusic.com ...

1 Comments:

  • I was just listening to my Soul Miner's Daughter CDs the other day. I was a huge fan of that group when I was a UGA. What a powerful voice. Can't wait to check out the latest project.

    By Blogger DJ JT, at November 14, 2005 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home