When Donkeys Fly

Monday, December 19, 2005

Every Road I Take

The Weekend was lots 'o fun. I discovered that I am in fact getting older, that I still got the goods and know how to use 'em and that crushes die hard long deaths, if they ever get buried. Friday night was spent with good friends drinking way too much red vino. We then improvised many Christmas songs with my favorite being Little Drummer Boy with a few choice words. We will probably be struck down very soon, so don't stand too close. Friday night ended with a trip to The Chair and the 'Tic. Then to after-hours. Then to my couch. Then to my hangover. Thanks to Ms. Howard who so kindly classified my hangover as "Damn, you look like shit". After a full afternoon of sleeping, I was back and ready for more. Went to Chrissy and Jennifer's for a very nice Christmas party, were I met one of the Indigo Girls, who was more generous and friendly than I ever expected. I mentioned that my Sister was a huge fan who lived in Upstate NY...she immediately told me she would give her tickets for a February show up there...amazing. Hit the Cannon Ball, along with about 500 other people. Sunday was lazy, but included a great run...26:21 for 4 miles on the treadmill...~6:35 pace. I almost fell off twice; I think that is my limit. At one point I was running 6:00 pace...that's too fast for a treadmill. I also bought my first Country music CD...Rascall Flats...they are pretty good. The evening wrapped up with dinner at the Biscuit with Twon and Ms. Howard. Looking forward to heading home to see the family this week. NY here I come.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home