When Donkeys Fly

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

How Donkey Got His Groove Back

There are times in your life when you feel a bit down, dejected, lost, confused, non-directional, self-doubting, do I need to go on? Your friends and family try to pull you up and pull you out of your funk, but man, it's difficult. This past week I went to Buenos Aires. Let me just say that first of all, I'm so happy and fortunate to have my Chicos with me in the big, Spanish speaking city. It was amazing to be down there with them and my trip would have been so much different if they didn't join me. I think that there are moments in your life where you just feel recharged, recognized, your eyes open up and you realize that life is what you make it. Last year Hawaii, did that for me and this year Buenos Aires was the boost I needed. Now, not only does Buenos Aires have the most attractive people in the world that I have ever seen, everywhere, but the Chicos are drop dead. The ego is an interesting balance in human tranquility. Too much? Bad. Too little? Bad. The balance is hard to achieve and the confidence that follows is almost impossible in a country that focuses so much on perfection. Not to mention the gay society and the impact perfectionism has on all of us. Being in Buenos Aires with the beautiful city, beautiful people, amazing culture and getting the recognition we did, was quite an eye opener. Let me just say that when I walk around the ATL, I'm going to do so with my head a bit higher and my eye contacts a bit longer. There is nothing wrong with saying Hola - Hello, to whomever, and being confident in yourself. My balance is intact and I'm back, it really does help get an ego boost from the boys south of the border. Argentina, (Theo), you da best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home