When Donkeys Fly

Thursday, January 19, 2006

San Diego Marathon

It's been decided and booked. June 4th I'll be running in my second marathon all the way over on the west coast. This marathon is called the Rock and Roll marathon, since they have a band at every mile marker and a big concert at the end. I'm heading west with Twon, Jeff and Marcus to run...and Steven is coming down from LA to cheer us on. Marathons are definitely a challenging task...it's been 3 years since my first and I'm just ready now to commit to a second. For me its a huge undertaking...since I'm kind of ADD its hard for me to have patience to run the long runs. I get so bored. But this is a goal that I set for myself and I'm excited to do it. With my first marathon, I only ran 16 miles once and that was my longest run. Not good. I paid for it at mile 23. This time will be different. I started my training on Tuesday and have logged two 4 mile runs. Today it bumps up to 5 miles. This weekend, my long run on Sunday will be 7 miles. Its all about a gradual increase. No injuries. June 4th will come quickly and this time I want to be ready!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home