When Donkeys Fly

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Stupid Questions

Have you ever found yourself in a meeting at work where people ask the stupidest questions? I have always wondered about this. All through-out my time in High School and College, I'd be sitting in class and people would ask damn, stupid questions, which, to me were very obvious. I'm not a non-participator or a genius...I will ask a question when it is relevant, but why do we as a Society hold question askers in high regard? My grades were often hurt in College by my Participation Grade. Teachers would say..."You need to participate more and ask more questions." Man, I always hated that bullshit. Instead of giving points for questions, regardless of quality, put that shit on a sliding scale and take away points for ridiculous questions. Even in the Corporate meeting rooms, we still find these people. You know who they are...the type that literally just likes to hear themselves talk. Shut up. I guess that I should just get in the game and join the stupid question askers. They always tend to get promoted...move up quickly...were the teacher's pet...but I can't join them. I'm a card holding member of the anit-bullshitters. Maybe that's why I hated being in Sales so much. I can still remember being in 9th grade and thinking that Jennifer Clute was such a loser for her obvious kiss-up antics. It's almost 20 years later and all those Jennifer Clute's may have grown up, but damn if they don't still exist. I'm standing my ground...relevance has been lost in our Society and I'm making it a one man mission to bring it back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home