When Donkeys Fly

Monday, May 22, 2006

Presentation

As much as I am a fucking nut and love to be a big goof ball...things are a changing kids - at least for the initial presentation phase. Last night David and I spent some time thinking about presentation. What makes somebody more attractive during an initial impression and what are 'turn offs'? I, for a very long time, have put having fun - which includes being sarcastic and goofy in front of other more laid back approaches. I have always thought - if my friends laugh and have fun with me, then that's the image I want to use with meeting new people. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Eventually that goofy side can come out, but the problem I think we have here is first impressions. My friends know me and know that I'm kidding around and being goofy...when I meet somebody for the first time, they don't get the inside jokes and probably wonder why I'm such a goof. So, as a result of this self-analysis, my approach is now going to be different...I'll keep you posted on my results.

2 Comments:

  • sometimes, it is simply remembering meeting the person after the second, third, or fifteenth time. and you know me well enough to know that I am only teasing you, mark. ;)

    By Blogger DJ JT, at May 23, 2006 4:09 PM  

  • very true, very true...I've done that before!

    By Blogger Donks, at May 24, 2006 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home