When Donkeys Fly

Monday, May 01, 2006

Runner's Etiquette

Think about it this way...you're on the sidewalk in NYC, walking briskly and you catch up to a fellow pedestrian, pass them, as they are walking a bit slower. About 2 mins later, they pass you back. Hum. They were walking much slower just 2 mins ago. Whatever. So you continue on with your pace and pass them again. Or at least try to...they keep speeding up so you can't pass them. What the fuck? This happened to me on a run yesterday and to be honest, that is the most annoying thing a fellow runner can do. It is just bad runner's etiquette. If a runner passes you on a training run...do not pick up your pace and pass them back and then annoy the fuck out of them by keeping 2 steps ahead. This is not a race. I repeat, training runs are not races. All you amateur runners out there take note: I will be tripping the next runner who does this to me.

1 Comments:

  • i know what you mean: but when that happens to me, what ticks me off most is that an obviously inferior runner is able to keep up. . .

    By Blogger jacob henry, at May 02, 2006 5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home