When Donkeys Fly

Monday, May 08, 2006

Last Long Run, I Think

Dodged some rainy conditions yesterday to get in my last long run for my San Diego Marathon training. Did 22 yesterday and actually felt pretty good...averaged just under 8 min pace and had a great last 4 miles (thanks Twon!). Maybe I'm actually getting ready for this race. It doesn't seem so insurmountable anymore. I think my horrid memories of the NYC Marathon are finally beginning to fade away. I may do one more 20 mile run in 2 weeks, but it would be real slow, so my legs don't get fatigued. My legs feel fine, nothing hurts and I feel as if I could run today, but I won't. All in all I had a pretty great weekend. My neighbors, who are consistently inconsiderate, decided to have a party on Saturday night that lasted until 2AM. Since we live in lofts, the noise definitely carries. So on Sunday morning ~9 AM, when I was getting ready for my run, I decided that there is nothing better on a rainy Sunday morning than a cup of coffee and Steely Dan's Greatest Hits...loud enough for my neighbors to enjoy as well, of course. On Friday night I got a call from the cute new potential, it was about 9 and he had already had 4 margaritas from Zocalo. If you're from Atlanta, you know what that means...drunk! So I saved him from stumbling home and we hung out. He is pretty much adorable. So far so good. I also saw Mission Impossible 3 this weekend. As much as Tom Cruise is a loser in real life, this movie is worth a view, it was really good...check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home