When Donkeys Fly

Thursday, May 25, 2006

In the Minority

I'm in the minority on this one...

Live Vote on MSNBC:

Do you think Indiana high school senior Kevin Logan should have been denied entrance to the prom because he wore a dress? * 18141 responses

Yes: 40%
No: 60%

Not a scientific survey. Results may not total 100% due to rounding.

I honestly do not think this is appropriate. Reading through the article, "Gay Indiana teen who dressed as girl all year considers filing complaint" disturbs me. We continue to try, year after year, to get away from the stereotype of being gay equals being feminine. Now don't get me wrong, I understand drag and have had fun with my friends from time to time...but, this is just overboard. And when it reaches this level, being reported in MSNBC to all of the world, naive and ignorant Middle America take two steps back in their thoughts regarding gays. It really, really, really pisses me off. And he/she didn't even look good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home