When Donkeys Fly

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Spring?

Is Spring actually trying to return to Atlanta? I see the sun today, but it remains cold and windy. At least I'll be able to get some opportunities to where my jackets before its 90 and unbearable. Back from NY and the Baptism. I'm always so torn about going home...I had a good time and love my family, but I just don't fit in up there any more. At one point I found myself in my parent's kitchen surrounded by relatives talking so boisterously you thought a fight was going to break out. Its just life in NY. I had to step outside to hear myself breath and relax a second. Of course it didn't help that I wasn't drinking over last weekend and everybody else was...I never thought I would feel peer pressure to drink or have a conversation with my Uncle about how dangerous mind eraser shots are...but I did. Only do one, no matter what you think at the time. Even my mom got into the act by pushing Sambuca on me after dinner. And I wonder where I get it from? Well, I held strong and didn't drink a drop...I even passed on the wine, oh I mean the blood of Christ, at Church. Its been a whole week since I had a drink...should I be proud or sad that I am actually glad I made it a week. I'm sure I'll have a drink or two this weekend since, well, its the weekend and I'm in Atlanta. Cheers!

1 Comments:

  • You're OK. You went through it & got through it. If you got through a traditional family gathering with its own stresses and strains of just having all those people you grew up around there, and they're drinking and acting the way they normally do, you passed the test with flying colors. Takes a lot of gumption to be able to do that. My hat's off to you.

    By Blogger publius100, at April 13, 2007 5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home