When Donkeys Fly

Monday, April 16, 2007

Well Rested

I woke up this morning at 7AM, wide awake. This normally doesn't happen. I'm normally dragging myself out of my bed and into the shower to wake up. Not this morning, I woke up, threw some clothes on and went down to Publix to buy some breakfast. I actually sat down, had a cup of coffee and breakfast while I watched the Today Show. It was kind of nice. I think my consumption curbing has helped me become more regulated and balanced. I had a few drinks on Friday, nothing crazy, zero drinks on Saturday (went to an amazing concert at the Tabernacle - Patty Griffin...if you don't know her, make an effort, she in absolutely amazing. She gives me the chills when she sings. I can't say enough about her ability to perform and amaze her audience) and a glass of wine and a marg on Sunday. Went to a party at Frank Green's (www.akafrankgreen.com) on Sunday and behaved myself. I had a great time catching up with a lot of people I don't see enough. The food was delicious, especially the Chicken Salad. I actually like not being hungover...its kind of opening up a new world for me...breakfast, waking up sans alarm clock and dropping some winter weight...I think the key is not going cold turkey...I do have my needs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home