When Donkeys Fly

Monday, October 29, 2007

Wow

I'm completely exhausted today. The weekend was jam packed, with us having a huge Halloween party and all. However, I woke up this morning - barely - and am trying to hang in there at work, although all I can think about is going home and sleeping. Here is a recap of the weekend:

Friday - Layed low and started to organize the house for the party. Rolled up all of the rugs and its a good thing too, since our floors were disgusting on Sunday morning.

Saturday - Started the day off with a 20 mile run 2:43:16, ~8:09 per mile. I felt good...was not as tired as I thought I would be. Continued setting up for the party and getting the house ready. The party was crazy...we had about 150 people in the backyard, in the house and on the porch. Just about everybody was dressed up and the only issue we had was the weather - it was a bit cold, but the heater we rented filled up the tent pretty good. My favorite costume was Dan B.'s...he was holding a plastic plate with a bunch of different carpet samples and a knife/fork. He was a carpet muncher. Very clever. Ended up at the Body Shop - don't ever go there...ever.

Sunday - Woke up to a beautiful day and a 1/4 keg of Sweetwater to finish. Then to Blakes, then to Zocalo, then to Blakes, then to Gilberts, then to Checkers and finally home. I tossed and turned all night, barely getting any sleep. Needless to say, I'm exhausted today. I can't wait to go home and nap.

The party was a success so it was worth it all, but let's not do it again anytime soon.

2 Comments:

  • Honestly, Mark...that was one of the best Halloween parties I've ever attended. Thank you thank you thank you..and please do it again next year.

    By Blogger E, at October 30, 2007 7:13 PM  

  • I have heard the party was off the hook. Congrats. See you soon in NYC, I hope.

    By Blogger Flippnyc, at November 06, 2007 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home