When Donkeys Fly

Monday, April 30, 2007

Inman Park Festival

This past weekend was what we call a 'Chamber of Commerce Weekend'. The weather was amazing, there was a great festival in one of Atlanta's nicest in town neighborhoods, the beer and champagne was flowing, there was brunch on the porch and kegs on the the patio. My brother came into Atlanta for the first time and was just amazed...his words exactly..."I can see why you love Atlanta so much". Its true. Atlanta doesn't have that 'city' feel of many major US cities, but what it does have cannot be replicated. If you haven't been to Atlanta in the Spring or the Fall, you have to make the trip. The Summer, I will agree is a bit hot, so stick to the Spring and Fall. I met two contractors over at the new house to get quotes on the remodel. I also decided to put pocket doors in my new closet. I'm sure that doesn't sounds very exciting, but after working with an architect for 3 weeks to finalize the plans, its a big deal. Now I just need to find 30 inch pocket doors, a challenge since the standard size is 36 inches. The weekend wrapped up with the first patio party at Loca Luna...flirting was a lot of fun and one of the Varsity Co-Captains is back on the market. May is almost here, which means another b-day...I actually had a dream I found a gray hair! I worry about that stuff too much...

2 Comments:

  • I had a friend from Vancouver who visited here once (and Vancouver is a beautiful city) who was thoroughly amazed at how many trees there were throughout the city. There really is a physical beauty to the land. But best of all is the fact that no matter how hot it gets during the summer (my grandfather would always comment) there is always a breeze drifting down from the mountains at night.

    By Blogger publius100, at May 01, 2007 4:30 AM  

  • i saw it, that gray hair...

    By Blogger Matt, at May 04, 2007 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home