When Donkeys Fly

Monday, November 14, 2005

Jarhead

Went to see Jarhead yesterday. That movie was a bit long...almost 2 hours of drawn out combat action, which actually never really happened. Almost like getting worked up rolling around and then having your special friend say "I need to go, I have an early morning tomorrow." But there was Jake and some interesting sub plots. I'd give it 2.5 out of 5 packages of gummy bears. When I was waiting in line for my popcorn I began thinking. Why is it that the lines for food/drink at the movie theaters are the slowest moving lines, EVER. Is it that difficult to scoop up some popcorn, pour a diet coke and move on to the next customer...the popcorn is already made, the candy is prepackaged, the soda pours in about 5 seconds...what's the delay? It's not like we have all the time in the world...we are going to a movie! At least they are trying and have a job, but come on...set some standards...this would be a field day for an operational/organizational consultant. Regal Cinemas...give me a call...let's talk.

1 Comments:

  • omg i went to see "Derailed" i mean "Destupid" on friday night and the same the happened. slowest as molasses, but get this, the soda was self serve. now i really don't get it!

    By Blogger timber, at November 17, 2005 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home