When Donkeys Fly

Monday, January 30, 2006

My first 28 mile week has concluded. I have 18 weeks until June 4th and reviewing the training schedule, it gets a bit intense. I have to run 10 miles this Sunday and have three 20 mile runs lined up in April and May. Can I actually do this? I'll be wasted away to nothing. After 2 weeks of training so far, I'm still feeling ok. I really think that it's more of a mental thing than physical. I just need to keep my mind in the game.

Had a good weekend. Went to Casa Grande on Friday, hit up Red Chair...Sat night was game night at the St. James with a stop at Charlie Brown's. She is looking pretty good, I have to say. I got up early on Sunday and went to the gym for a long run, grabbed Brunch with some out of towners, watched the GT game, looked at some houses and all of a sudden it was Monday. The weather has been amazing...where is winter? Of course...Alaska!

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN FAIRBANKS HAS ISSUED A WIND CHILL ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM AST THIS AFTERNOON.
WIND CHILL WILL BE MOST HAZARDOUS OVER HILLTOPS AND THROUGH PASSES.
A WIND CHILL ADVISORY MEANS THAT LOW WIND CHILLS TO 50 BELOW ZERO ARE EXPECTED. IF GOING OUTDOORS...BE PREPARED. BE CAREFUL TO COVER ALL EXPOSED SKIN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home